Just like how it takes a diamond to cut a diamond, it takes a very hard steel to hone a steel blade. At HRC 65, the Kotai honing steel can fix even the hardest steel alloys in just a few strokes. Thanks to the hard steel used in making Kotai knives, they only require honing every week or so, depending on use.
Thoughtful design for extra safety and comfort:
- Extra-long 12-inch (30 cm) rod, long enough to sharpen your longest knives.
- Pakkawood handle for comfortable grip and durability.
- Magnetized rod collects steel dust to keep your kitchen tidy.
- Built-in 15˚ guide on the finger guard helps you hone your blades at the correct angle.
- Rod’s pointed tip anchors on your table for extra stability and safety.
About Kotai Kitchen
KOTAI was born as a bridge between Asian and Western cutlery. Light, precise, and ultra-sharp like a Japanese knife yet stainless, sturdy and very durable like a German knife. All the pros without the cons, no compromise.